A Rare Glimpse

Friday, August 05, 2005

Home for the long weekend

I went home for the long weekend and had a chance to do dim-sum with my grandma again. :) Yum. Can't beat the taste of dim-sum in T.O., esp. if someone else pays for it. He he. Went to Jack Astor's for dinner with Alice on Friday; it was really nice to catch up with her and laugh our heads off about nonsense, AFTER we've eaten too much and our pants feel too tight.

On Sunday, I was free (family was camping at Algonquin, grandma had a ride and plans) so I decided to check out "Niggle's" church downtown. It was a really nice church, but I found the worship a little hard to follow when almost all the songs they did were songs I did not know. After service, we headed to Spring Rolls for lunch and I had Pad Thai, a dish I have never tried before. Tasted like the sweet and sour pork that Chinese people have, very delicious. Then we went down to the Harbourfront Centre and checked out this amazing steel band from Trinidad and Tobago- The Neal and Massy Trinidad All Stars Steel Orchestra! They were so talented and totally into the music! The whole audience was up and dancing by the time the last song ended. Fabulous music, I absolutely loved it.

Monday...hm...can't remember what I did on Monday any more since I typed up this draft ages ago but never posted it. Ha ha!